Soliant is accepting applications for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist position for the next school year, working with students in the scenic town of Lake Havasu City, AZ.
Seated on banks of the Colorado River, this locale is one of those geographical paradoxes, offering desert landscape together with water sports.
As a Speech-Language Pathologist, applicants will have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Assess student communication skills (e.g. articulation, fluency, voice, expressive and receptive language, etc.), identify communication disorders, and determine program eligibility
- Coordinate meetings (e.g. testing/screening, Individual Education Plans (IEPs), parent conferences) to present evaluation results, develop treatment plans, and/or provide training to parents/students/staff.
- Instruct support staff in the use of assistive devices or feeding techniques, or oversee the implementation of treatment plans
- Orient students who use communication technologies (e.g. hearing aids, FM systems, augmentative communication devices, etc.) to support classroom learning
- Prepare a wide variety of written materials (e.g. activity logs, correspondence, memos, treatment plans, Medicaid billings, reports, required documentation, etc.) to document treatment progress and/or conveying information.
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. from parents, teachers, staff, students, etc.)
- Submit Medicaid billings for the purpose of conforming to established District policies and requirements.
In addition to clinical expertise in the field of speech-language pathology, applicants can best distinguish themselves in terms of organization and communication abilities. We seek efficient multi-taskers who are practiced at managing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Sound like a position you can thrive in? Send your application to Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774