Soliant is accepting applications for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist position for the next school year, at a school located close to beautiful Lake Oconee, GA.
In addition to the gorgeous scenery, the town is a 50-minute drive from Athens, GA, home to the beloved Bulldogs, as well as an active music scene.
As a Speech-Language Pathologist, the applicant will primarily work with elementary school students, and assist with middle or high school caseloads. The SLP will have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Assess student communication skills (e.g. articulation, fluency, voice, expressive and receptive language, etc.), identify communication disorders, and determine program eligibility
- Coordinate meetings (e.g. testing/screening, Individual Education Plans (IEPs), parent conferences) to present evaluation results, develop treatment plans, and/or provide training to parents/students/staff.
- Instruct support staff in the use of assistive devices or feeding techniques, or oversee the implementation of treatment plans
- Orient students who use communication technologies (e.g. hearing aids, FM systems, augmentative communication devices, etc.) to support classroom learning
- Prepare a wide variety of written materials (e.g. activity logs, correspondence, memos, treatment plans, Medicaid billings, reports, required documentation, etc.) to document treatment progress and/or conveying information.
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. from parents, teachers, staff, students, etc.)
- Submit Medicaid billings for the purpose of conforming to established District policies and requirements.
In addition to clinical expertise, applicants with excellent organization and communication abilities will thrive in this modestly sized school. We seek efficient multi-taskers who are practiced at managing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Sound like a position you can thrive in? Send your application to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774