Looking for a large Southern town with historic architecture and and rustic charm? One of Soliant's long-time clients in Eufaula, AL is interviewing Speech-Language Pathologists now!
Details of the position below:
- Full school year
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Elementary school (1 building)
As a Speech-language pathologist, day-to-day functions include the following:
- Design the speech and language program so that it is consistent with the educational philosophy of the district.
- Continue professional growth through educational meetings, visiting related facilities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas among the district staff.
- Collaborate with other special education staff in planning and developing the program.
- Prepare educational plans annually for each student based on individually assessed needs
- Conduct grade-wide speech and language screenings
- Prepare therapy plans for each student.
- Seek a variety of services through community resources and agencies to meet the needs of exceptional students.
- Evaluate students in areas of speech, language and hearing
- Ensure that each student in the program has necessary evaluation records in his/her permanent folder.
- Furnish the principal with current student schedules.
- Complete progress reports on each student in the program.
- Provide progress reports to school personnel and to parents of students as requested.
- Complete appropriate reports for local, state, federal and educational agencies.
- Refer those students who require further evaluation or follow-up services to the appropriate school personnel or community agencies.
To provide speech and language services in Alabama schools, applicants must be licensed by the Alabama Board of Examiners, and hold a teacher credential from the Department of Education. Applicants who do not currently hold the credentials, but who are eligible, are welcome to apply.
Whether you are a traveler or a local, this is a great opportunity to get work-life balance. Start the application process by contacting Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.